IMDMP: SOURCE CODE RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT

paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 08:17:11 PST 1997

> Comment: "What do you mean by 'extensive research'."
> Reply: Benchmark tests. Source code comparisons. Documentations of other
> algorithms. "Applied Cryptography".

So you have read applied cryptography and decided that qualifies you
as a cryptographer?

> Comment: "I've never even heard of IMDMP before. Is this a joke?"
> Reply: UDCM (IMDMP) came out January 1st, 1997. How do you think successful
> companies start anyway, with millions of dollars upfront? DataET Research is
> a relatively new company.

No new company should be dabbling with new algorithms, an assurance
of a high probability of security comes with years of attempted
cryptanalysis.

> Comment: "What kind of industry standard is IMDMP above?"
> Reply: 128-bit encryption. Average DES is 128. PGP tops 1024. IDEA goes at
> 128. RSA the same. Full security IMDMP is 2048-bit. Any other questions?

This is irrelevant rubbish, if there is a cryptanalytic attack on
your algorithm a brute force attack becomes unecessary and key size is
not of consequence.

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul at crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul at cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1