InfoWarCon6 - Brussels, Belgium

Betty G. O'Hearn betty at infowar.com
Sun Jan 12 20:04:38 PST 1997

                                D I S T R I B U T E  W I D E L Y

                               CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT

InfoWarCon 6:
"War By Other Means"
Economic Espionage, CyberTerrorism and Information Assurance
Brussels, Belgium

May 8 - 9, 1997
Pre-Conference Tutorials: May 7, 1996

Sponsored by:
National Computer Security Association /  www.ncsa.com
Winn Schwartau, Interpact, Inc. /  www.infowar.com
Open Source Solutions, Inc, / www.oss.net

Honorary Chairperson:
Judge Danielle Cailloux
Investigating Magistrate,
Member of the Committee to Control the Intelligence Services, Belgium

Information Warfare is no longer just for the military or government. InfoWar is a legitimate concern for the private sector and law enforcement - everywhere. Hundreds of representatives from over thirty countries will interact at
InfoWarCon 6 with world-class presenters in an open-source, unclassified forum to provide workable, real-world solutions to the commercial, legal and technical problems we face.

Over two days, the three tracks and plenary sessions will focus on:

1. Military, Intelligence, Nation-States and Government Contractors. What are their special needs and concerns. Leaders from all areas will bring you current with their
approaches.

2. Cyberterrorism and Crime: Law Enforcement, Domestic, National and International. Case histories and experience from those who know will provide the foundation for solutions and cooperation to a spreading problem.

3. The Private Sector and Commercial Infrastructure: Leading experts on information assurance will provide new models for security, management and infrastructure
protection.

Optional Pre-Conference Tutorials (May 7)

Three Pre-Conference tutorials will be offered to get the non-technical manager, law enforcement or government representative 'up to speed' on InfoWar:

>A. Open Source Intelligence. Robert Steele, ex-CIA case officer and intelligence professional, will teach you how and why the smart nation and competitive private company needs to use information gathering to his best advantage.
A full day of extraordinary information and materials.

B. Information Security Basics. Dr. Mich Kabay, NCSA's Dir. of Education will take the non-technical manager on a three and one half hour tour of the fundamentals of
information security. Essential knowledge for anyone involved with information warfare, cyberterrorism or defending against them.

C. The Basics of Information Warfare and Cyberterrorism.Winn Schwartau, the man who wrote the books on Cyber-terrorism and Information Warfare, will teach the
>non-technical participant the ins and outs in a fascinating 3 1/2 hour session.

>For Registration Information
>     Kim Imler
>     Voice:	(717) 241-3226
>     Fax:	(717) 243-8642
>     Email:	kimler at ncsa.com
>     WWW:	www.Infowar.com
>		www.ncsa.com
>
>Sponsorship Opportunities - Multiple level sponsorship
>opportunities and exhibit space is available.  Contact:
>     Harry Brittain
>     Voice:	(717) 241-3258
>     Fax:		(717) 243-8642
>     Email:	hbrittain at ncsa.com
>
>MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
>
>InfoWarCon 7,
>Sept. 11-12, 1997
>Washington D.C.
>Submit Abstracts and Papers to:
>Betty at infowar.com

DIRECT REQUESTS to:    list at infowar.com with one-line in the BODY, NOT
in the subject line.

Subscribe infowar        TO JOIN GROUP
Unsubscribe infowar    TO LEAVE GROUP
Help infowar               TO RECEIVE HELP
Infowar.Com
Interpact, Inc.
Winn Schwartau
winn at infowar.com
http://www.infowar.com
813-393-6600  Voice
813-393-6361  FAX

Sponsor Opportunities/Comments/Help

Betty G. O'Hearn
Assistant to Winn Schwartau
http://www.infowar.com
betty at infowar.com
813-367-7277  Voice
813-363-7277  FAX

	betty at infowar.com
813-367-7277  Voice   813-363-7277   Data/FAX

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.  ~~~Booker T. Washington~~~