A vote of confidence for Sandy

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Sat Jan 11 10:51:47 PST 1997

Bill Frantz wrote:
> At 8:19 PM -0800 1/10/97, Lucky Green wrote:[snippo]
> Let me rant a bit about the "ideal" moderation structure.  Igor Chudov's
> software lets people like Matt Blase and Bruce Schneier post whatever they
> want.  (I would add people like Black Unicorn as well.  YMMV)  Other posts
> go into a pool accessible to all moderators.  If one moderator approves,
> the message goes out.  If N reject, it is rejected.  These rejections could
> either be anonymous or be included in an x-moderators-rejecting: header for
> the "worst of cypherpunks" list.

Let me guess.  Frantz started with electronic copies of Mein Kampf,
1984 (originally 1948), Brave New World, and Animal Farm, and did some
judicious substitutions:

Substitute "moderator" for "censor".
Substitute "pool" for "concentration camp".
Substitute "reject" for "liquidate".

And, they could do this anonymously, like the Gestapo, SS, LAPD, FBI,
CIA, FEMA, BATF, you get the picture.