A vote of confidence for Sandy

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Fri Jan 10 22:13:50 PST 1997

At 8:19 PM -0800 1/10/97, Lucky Green wrote:
>Just for the record, I have volunteered to serve as a co-moderator. I do
>not know at this time if my services will be required. I am certain that I
>would not enjoy this job. I have better things to do than moderate
>Cypherpunks. But as a long time subscriber, I care about the list.

AMEN (as a short time subscriber).

If you need me as a moderator (if you need me, you are getting very
desperate), I will help.  However, I am going out of the country in two
weeks not to return until March 9, so stepping forward now is a bit silly.

Let me rant a bit about the "ideal" moderation structure.  Igor Chudov's
software lets people like Matt Blase and Bruce Schneier post whatever they
want.  (I would add people like Black Unicorn as well.  YMMV)  Other posts
go into a pool accessible to all moderators.  If one moderator approves,
the message goes out.  If N reject, it is rejected.  These rejections could
either be anonymous or be included in an x-moderators-rejecting: header for
the "worst of cypherpunks" list.

Bill Frantz       | Client in California, POP3 | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | in Pittsburgh, Packets in  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | Pakistan. - me             | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA