Thoughts on moderation

Blanc Weber blancw at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 7 16:09:18 PST 1997

From:	Douglas Barnes

I don't see this move as censorship of any sort -- cleaning the Augean
stables is more like it. I am profoundly tired of wading through
completely worthless and vapid trash accusing Tim and John of various
sexual perversions.

So what about determining the lowest parameter of tolerance for style &
content -  how low you can go before your messages are transferred to
the "flames" division?   Then, for instance, Uni could say to Dale:
"you will find my detailed retort to your deluded accusations on the
other list" (which Dale would, of course, go over there and read <g>).

In any case, everyone would know what that sensitive, low point of
intolerance is such that if they descend to it they will be sifted out
and recategorized.

   ..
Blanc