Moderation

Rich Graves rcgraves at disposable.com
Mon Jan 6 21:58:22 PST 1997

Thaddeus J. Beier wrote:

> This will fail if flames migrate from cypherpunks-flames to
> cypherpunks, I would attempt to prohibit threads that only exist in
> cypherpunks-flames being continued into the moderated list.  This'll

I disagree. I think it's quite conceivable that a serious point could
arise from the flames. If a moderator can't be challenged based on
what happened with the reject list, what's the point of having a reject
list in the first place?

Anyway, I don't think such a rule is possible to implement, nor would it
protect the moderator from other forms of denial-of-service attack even
if it were implemented.

-rich