Sandy and I will run a cypherpunks "moderation" experiment in

Igor Chudov @ home ichudov at algebra.com
Sun Jan 5 19:06:50 PST 1997

Robert Hettinga wrote:
> solution. Unfortunately, the physical mechanics of list moderation will
> probably swamp poor Sandy as it is, much less the permanent addition of
> forwarding the dreck somewhere else at the same time. I hope he understands
> that he's about to take a shower with a firehose. For instance, it's work

With STUMP robomoderator, the great majority of posts are autoapproved,
because they come from preapproved posters. In the newsgroups moderated
by STUMP, moderators review only a small fraction of incoming messages.

It gives two benefits:

	1) Saves lots of potentially billable time for moderators
	2) Increases speed with which posted articles reach the public.

	- Igor.