(Your Comment Here)

attila attila at primenet.com
Sat Jan 4 23:41:48 PST 1997

On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, Toto wrote:

> "Before I joined CypherPunks, I couldn't even 'spell' cocksucker.
> Now,...(Your Comment Here)."

	that is my sentiment, exactly.  at one time there was a given
    level of politeness and decorum on the list; then along comes dimitri,
    aga, lester and all his ali, and so on. it has degenerated into a
    pissing match between fools. I've never object to a little "profanity"
    for punctuation, sort of like: "well? what's the difference between
    saying 'shit' and 'buffalo chip?'" Detweiler of PC Mag was a nuisance
    and got into it with Tim (he just disappeared except an occasional
    swipe), and then there was Dr. Fred Cohen who attacled Tim on a
    regular basis (but he was easy enough to get rid of after I checked
    his credentials and exposed why he was fired from his professorship),
    and now we have Dimitri and several more who are worse. Dimitri at
    least has some good information and arguments.

	you know, I've always given Tim a little slack on his occasionally
    over-biased opinions, but...  maybe Tim is the problem; he just seems
    to bring out the 'best' in people like Dimitri and now the list has
    turned into a free-for-all of the outrageously obscene.

	then you wonder why I create sig lines like:

    go not unto usenet for advice, for the inhabitants thereof will say:
      yes, and no, and maybe, and I don't know, and fuck-off.

    To be a ruler of men, you need at least 12 inches....