ONE MILLION CHILDREN.....

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Sat Jan 4 19:07:59 PST 1997

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> Dale Thorn <dthorn at gte.net> writes:
> > I realize most people are still afraid of the 666 stuff (direct evidence
> > from the phone company shows most people will not accept #s with 666
> > prefixes), but they'll get over it when they see the benefits, and how

> In the 212 area code (Manhattan), 666 is around Columbia University.
> I used to be at 212-666-6984 for some 7 years.

When I was with Uncle Sam overseas, I bunked with guys from Brooklyn,
Queens, and areas like that.  They didn't seem to be influenced as much
by the Bible-thumpers etc. as people from Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, and
so on.  Of course, that was the 1960's.  Things have changed a lot, and
the U.S. is much more cosmopolitan now.

Nonetheless, it's interesting how much of the FUD from conservative
Christianity (to name an example I'm familiar with) still has a strong
presence in people's minds...  What I could tell about 666 in my own
case, I can hardly believe myself.