EAR Doc

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Sat Jan 4 10:57:01 PST 1997

John Young wrote:
> We've prepared a hyperlinked version of the Export
> Administration Regulations (EAR) to assist analysis,
> evaluation and commentary on interim rules for
> encryption export:
> It's sobering to study the EAR and see the lethal
> weapons to which encryption is wed -- the most
> mass-murderous of high-technology calmly described
> as commercial warfare for the commonweal.

When you consider the censorship-prone mindsets of many of the
private-security-employed cypherpunks, it kinda makes sense, yes?

Think about those Israeli tank rounds, exploding into hundreds of little
steel arrows designed to rip flesh apart, and then analogize to the
possibilities for technically capable encryption users....