"cypherpunks is dead..."

Hayashi_Tsuyoshi take at barrier-free.co.jp
Wed Feb 19 18:56:11 PST 1997

Dear Mr. Robert Hettinga,

This is Tsuyoshi Hayashi, one of subscribers of the
cypherpunks list, lives in Yokohama, Japan.

I heard today's your voice on the cypherpunks list.  I am
little sad.

I am almost ROM, read-only member...  Although I have been
hear for two and a half (wow..) years, I posted only three
(or four...) messages.  I am a bad boy.
Sorry. > all

Instead of it, I have gotten many many cripto-concerned
info (such as PGP) which are worth reading (though they
are very difficult for me, both technical and language ;-).
Today I know about cryptography a little.  I am working
nearby the cryptographic field in Japan.  So I DO want to
say THANKS to all subscribers of the list and the
owner-cypherpunks at toad.com, and the host machine named
toad.com [140.174.2.1].

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997 15:37:08 -0500, Robert Hettinga said:
 >Anyway, I've learned all these things from many cypherpunks, some still

Yes, me too!

 >Because of this list's effect on my life, I have been motivated to start
 >the Digital Commerce Society of Boston, to evangelize financial
[..]

I found your DCSB list out about a month ago.  This list
is also interesting for me.  Thanks.

 >Next week, I go to FC97 in Anguilla because of the things I've learned on
[..]

I did want to go to FC97, but there is a long distance
between Anguilla and Japan...  I hope you will post the
summary and/or topics of FC97 to the DCSB. :-)

 >[..] cypherpunks is not going to
 >die just because the address "cypherpunks at toad.com" ceases to exist. There

Yah!

 >So. In a very real sense, today on cypherpunks is like any other day in the
 >life of a creosote bush. It's a big desert, folks. We're the only ones who

# Sorry.  Although there are both "creosote" and "bush" in
# my English-Japanese dictionary, I could not understand
# the meaning of "creosote bush".  Please teach me it in
# other easy words if you have a time.  In English is OK.
# In Japanese is the best. ;-)

====

Mr. Bob Hettinga and all, doumo arigatou gozaimashita!

# And sorry for my poor English.

In a "Roman Holiday", Audrey Hepburn said,
	"By all means, Roman..."
Today I say, "By all means, Cypherpunks..."

Best,

 - Tsuyoshi Hayashi <take at barrier-free.co.jp>
 - PGP public key: http://www.barrier-free.co.jp/take/pgpkey
 - (CF 27 34 5B 46 FA 2A 12  D2 4C E3 F7 2A 45 E0 22)
 - Barrier Free, Inc. (established on 25 Jan 1996)