Crypto Law Survey updated

Bert-Jaap Koops E.J.Koops at kub.nl
Wed Feb 19 03:40:25 PST 1997

I have just updated my survey of existing and envisaged cryptography
laws and regulations.
See the Crypto Law Survey at
http://cwis.kub.nl/~frw/people/koops/lawsurvy.htm

This update includes:
- New lay-out. Digital signatures replaced to a separate overview.
- New entries on Finland (export), Hong Kong (import, export), New
Zealand (export), Poland (import)
-Update on Australia (government encryption of classified data), Finland
(no key-escrow), France (TTP law published), Japan (general position,
wiretap law), Netherlands (extend decryption command), OECD (Group
of Expert okays guidelines), Scandinavia (secure email system),
Switzerland (telecom encryption, export), US (Karn appeal,
annual figures report)
-Corrections or clarifications on Australia (export, public domain software),
Belgium (export), Germany (export), US (Bernstein, NRC report)
-URLs changed in France (TTP law), US (Bernstein)

Bert-Jaap