John Who? / WAS--Re: [Declan McCullagh: "A List Goes Down In Flames," from

Toto toto at sk.sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 18 22:41:08 PST 1997

Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> Again, thanks to John Gilmore for running this list for years. His
> job required a lot of dedication and effort and I am thankful to him
> for what he did for it. cypherpunks at toad.com enhanced my understanding
> of reality immensely.

  I certainly hope that the lack of posts expressing gratitude to John
Gilmore for his maintenance of the CypherPunks list on toad.com for all
these years is merely because those who have benefitted from his efforts
are expressing their thanks via private email to him.
  Certainly, as Igor has indicated, he did not just sit on his butt
playing with Little Peter while 'the machine' ran itself and provided
the CypherPunks with a home for both rational discourse and mad
ramblings.
  There are quite a few people, ranging from long-term members to
passers-by who have had their horizons broadened by the list, and I
would hope that they are appreciative of the fact that the mechanics
of bits and bytes underlying the distribution of our grand soliloquys
came at the expense of a considerable portion of his own time and
energy.
  I know that I am.

Toto