Anyone have the complete info on CP list alternatives?

Bryan Reece reece at taz.nceye.net
Mon Feb 17 17:42:45 PST 1997

   Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 19:07:25 -0600 (CST)
   Cc: cypherpunks at toad.com, wcampbel at peganet.com
   From: ichudov at algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
   Sender: owner-cypherpunks at toad.com

   Mark M. wrote:
   >  - Newsgroups alt.cypherpunks, alt.cypherpunks.announce,
   > 	alt.cypherpunks.social, alt.cypherpunks.technical have been created.

   ... Along with several others.

   >  - The distributed list is still forming and so far consists of
   > 	cypherpunks at algebra.com, cypherpunks at ssz.com, and others of which I
   > 	do not know the location.  A mail<->news gateway is planned, but not
   > 	yet in place, between the distributed list and the newsgroup(s).

   It is in place. It feeds from cypherpunks at algebra.com. Bryan Reece
   reece at taz.nceye.net runs the posting bot. taz.nceye.net is an open
   newsserver offering several cypherpunks newsgroups.

   I am not yet sure if taz is now a part of the mainstream usenet, that
   is, it may not be connected to the Big USENET.

It receives some Big Usenet groups, but only for local users.
alt.cypherpunks is open, but there will be long delays, on the
order of a day, for articles there (unless someone better connected to
Usenet wants to feed me alt.cypherpunks.*---any volunteers?).