Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Sat Feb 15 14:52:11 PST 1997

Dale Thorn allegedly said:

[...]
> If I understood the last several hundred messages correctly, they have
> tried to make the point that the cypherpunks mailing list (unedited)
> was more ideal than a newsgroup.  If this is what Dave is offering,
> I'm surprised if more people don't jump on it.  Then again, they
> took their good ol' time jumping onto cypherpunks-unedited.

Dave is offering a single mailing list, which, while I am sure Dave is
a great person, still represents a single point of control and a
single point of failure.  A distributed mailing list has a potential
for being much more robust, and for supporting a wide range of
viewpoints.  Furthermore a distributed mailing list is an interesting
minor technical problem, and a good solution could have wide
applicability.

So I think that people would like to get the distributed list going...

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent at songbird.com,kc at llnl.gov		the thief he kindly spoke...