Mirrors and replies-to

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sat Feb 15 07:28:00 PST 1997

Well, so far, I've got three cypherpunks mailboxes. One for sirius, one for
algebra, and one for toad. It was interesting to me that I got stuff from
the mirrors faster than toad until I remembered that the mirrors are wired
to the unmoderated list at toad, and I'm still subscribed to the moderated
list there.

However, I would like it if the mirror operators would reinstantiate a
feature of the original list for me. The reply-to field on the mirrors is
currently set to cypherpunks at toad.com. On the original list, this was set
to "sender", both to keep people from replying to the list unnecessarily
(hah! :-)) but also to keep mail loops from forming. Mail loops could be a
big problem, especially when you guys put together your neo-netnews
mailring. (a little jyaism, that... :-)).

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"Never attribute to conspiracy what can be
explained by stupidity." -- Jerry Pournelle
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/rah/
FC97: Anguilla, anyone? http://www.ai/fc97/