Good Bye Cypherpunks!

Adam Back aba at dcs.ex.ac.uk
Fri Feb 14 17:11:37 PST 1997

Tim May <tcmay at got.net> writes:
> [...]
> By the way, I can forward to those who are interested these four or five
> posts which got "Meta-Censored." (Unless too many people request
> them...I'll promise to forward them to the first five people who request
> them...then some of you can repost them to the list and see if they make it
> through.)

I'd like to see them.  In fact I'd like to collect the posts which slipped
through the crack and didn't make it to either cp-flames or cp, on the
assumption that these are the posts which tell the story.

In particular I'd like to see the post that John Gilmore refered to as `Mr
Nemesis' post, wherein someone allegedly slanders/libels C2, to the
extent that Sandy dropped it from both lists, if anyone who was
subscribed to cypherpunks-unedited at the time has it still.

Unfortunately I was subscribed to only cypherpuks-flames and
cypherpunks (the edited list) at the time, so didn't get to see it.

I'm on Lance Cottrell's cypherpunks at cyberpass.net now, which is
subscribed to the cypherpunks-unedited list.  At the moment Lance is
setting Reply-To: to cypherpunks at toad.com, but I presume he'll drop
that when John Gilmore drops cypherpunks at toad.com.

The moderation decisions that I saw prior to moving to
cypherpunks-unedited after Sandy's return, and change of policy, were
even more arbitrary.  I figured I wasn't even interested to see what
they were any more, given that the cypherpunks at toad.com was shortly
being closed anyway, so just subscribed to cypherpunks-unedited.

Adam