Cypherpunks-announce? Do we need to recreate this?

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Thu Feb 13 21:09:08 PST 1997

At 12:51 AM 2/13/97 -0800, Bill Stewart wrote:
>So far it's carried 1-2 announcements per month.
>Should we create it as a mailing list, moderated or unmoderated,
>or as a newsgroup?  (It's been a moderated mailing list, run by John and
>Hugh.)

Deja-News now carries both alt.cypherpunks and alt.cypherpunks.announce.
There was never a problem with cypherpunks-announce. Whoever volunteered to
run the monthly meeting just emailed to Hugh, who posted the announcement.
I would suggest to avoid fixing what isn't broken and make
alt.cypherpunks.announce a moderated list with Hugh and Eric as the
moderators.

The cypherpunks* lists on toad.com could be set up as mail-to-news gateways
(I volunteer to do so if needed) and all current subscribers unsubscribed
after a suitable warning outlining ways of accessing USENET. If the list
owner should so desire, I volunteer to write the tutorial.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi