Network of majordomos (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Wed Feb 12 14:45:38 PST 1997

Forwarded message:

> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 14:33:03 -0800
> From: Greg Broiles <gbroiles at netbox.com>
> Subject: Re: Network of majordomos (fwd)

> Yes, I installed INN and ran a few hundred test messages through it last
> night. My machine will be on the net full-time Thursday or Friday. Will yours
> be ready then, too?

The mailing list was ready yesterday. Currently I have about a dozen
subscribers who are testing it. Igor has his list up and I expect that we
will begin the cross-subscription process on Saturday or Sunday. I sent
a 'who is here' message to cypherpunks-hosts at algebra.com and have not
received any replies.

> If you need some help setting it up, let me know. It can be a little tricky
> if you haven't done it before.

Thanks, I'll factor that into my equation. I, however won't be acting as
a mail-to-news gateway at this point. What I would like to see would be
a news site which sent a copy of each incoming message to a mailing list
and would have an email address where each new submission to the mailing
list would get sent to. To make it really interesting would be to use
two seperate remailers, one for each traffic path. Had you thought of
taking your news that far?

                                                  Jim Choate
                                                  CyberTects
                                                  ravage at ssz.com