List for discussing many majordomos

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Wed Feb 12 13:56:35 PST 1997

At 10:46 PM -0800 2/11/97, Greg Broiles wrote:

>At 06:59 PM 2/11/97 -0600, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>
>>We can coordinate our efforts. Actually, we can even have a mini
>>mailing list for people who want to participate in the distributed
>>cypherpunks experiment. If there is any interest, I can create such
>>a list.
>
>Yes, this is a good idea. One of the proponents of the "many majordomos"
>project apparently has plans to impose his own ideas about intellectual
>property on the project, and this seems like a pretty serious thing for a
>setup that's allegedly going to prevent censorship. We need a place to
>discuss this.

I've noticed the same thing, and this is part of why I'm so skeptical of
the "many majordomos" notion. Some of the proponents have their own notions
of who is fit to be in their system, and which topics are appropriate.

If alt.cypherpunks gets wide propagation, I expect that'll be where I post
the bulk of my stuff.

By the way, several people have stepped forward to offer to host "the list"
(?) on their Linux boxes, or spare CPU cycles they have somewhere. It's
important that such offers be weighed carefully in terms of how serious the
commitment is, and how long the service might last.

(For you old-timers, we wouldn't want to have a repeat of the situation
where a remailer went down because "I took my laptop with me on vacation to
Spain.")

--Tim May

Just say "No" to "Big Brother Inside"