Germany Versus Scientology

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Wed Feb 12 06:51:53 PST 1997

Jeremiah A Blatz wrote:
> Evil se7en <se7en at dis.org> writes:
> > I have posted a rather lengthy story about Germany's war against the
> > Scientologists. It was long enough to preclude mailing it directly to the
> > lists, so I have put it on my web site. You may find it at:

> Heh, the top German Gov't anti-$cientoligist:
> "The state is obliged to protect its citizens from totalitarian
>  organizations."
> I just love this whole thing. It's like two neighborhood bullies going
> at it in the school yard. It doesn't matter who wins, as long as it's
> long and bloody.

If it were "just bullies", we could all sleep easier at night.
Alas, this is the next-generation manifestation of the anti-anti-
Holocaust laws that have been in place for 40-50 years in Germany.

There must be other countries with strong legal traditions similar
to this one.  Makes the picture much more complex.  And don't forget,
the conditions of Scientology's new tax exempt status are still secret.