META: Censorship is Going Way too Far

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Sat Feb 8 14:10:07 PST 1997

"Timothy C. May" <tcmay at got.net> writes:

> Fellow Cypherpunks (of the virtual community, even if not part of any
> particular version of the list(s)),

I'm not your fellow "cypher punk".

> The subjects of my articles deal with the claims made by "Against
> Moderation" and Vulis that certain articles were filtered from the stream
> of articles without appearing on either the main list or the flames list,
> and with no mention by the Moderator of this significant change to the
> moderation policies.

What makes me different from a "cypher punk" is that a "cypher punk"
like Timmy begins to squirm only when his own freedom of speech is
threatened. The concept of defending someone else's freedom, even if
he doesn't share that person's views, is totally alien to Timmy.

Like I said before, any censorship is "too much" censorship, just like
a woman can't be just a little bit pregnant.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM