Dear Cypherpunks /from NHK Clew

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Fri Feb 7 20:27:42 PST 1997

I'm sorry I can't drive the 500 miles to the meeting, but in Los
Angeles, the USA's #2 city, there are NO meetings.  Sad but true.
People in Los Angeles just don't comply with censorship as well
as those in the Bay Area, apparently.

Anyway, please don't base the whole story on what goes on at the
meeting, since the people who show up at the meeting are the ones
who most agree with John and Sandy.  Do you know what I mean?

There's an assumption in the USA, which even the cypherpunks share,
that the rogue elements of the government are to be considered
"innocent until proven guilty", even after the fact when they are
caught and never prosecuted.  Someday, when we have enough research
data on this current series of events, we will be able to expose the
money trail which demonstrates the motivations of the "list" owners.
In the meantime, I trust you'll not be taken in by the sweet-talk
you'll get in San Francisco.