Is Sandy really censoring criticisms of Stronghold, his product?

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Fri Feb 7 19:56:31 PST 1997

Timothy C. May wrote:
> At 10:07 PM +0000 2/7/97, Against Moderation wrote:
> >Okay, I went through my old mail, and I'm fairly sure this is the
> >message.  I'm convinced it never went to the flames list, and now that
> >I've found out I'm on the -unedited list after all, I think it
> >probably didn't go to the regular cypherpunks list either.  Can people
> >on the various lists confirm this for me?

> >A lot of people out there are subscribing to the cypherpunks-flames
> >and cypherpunks lists thinking that they will see everything that gets
> >rejected (albeit with a substantial delay).  If this is not the case,
> >it should be made clear.  Otherwise, it's not moderation, but
> >dishonesty.

Normally I'd address just the list, but in this case I'm sure you'll
understand.  Check the archives of Sandy's moderation announcements,
and I believe you'll see where he claimed that although *all* messages
would make it to the -unedited list, he admitted that some of those
would not make it to either the -edited or -flames lists, due to the
anomalies of hand-editing.