remailer-operators DEA agents?

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Feb 7 06:55:58 PST 1997

Again, I am only on the Flames list. So why was this message sent to the
Flames list? Because someone responded to a Vulis post? Is a response to a
Banned Message now grounds for rejection?

Here's the message sent to the Flames pile. Although the anonymous author
did not add much, neither the original message nor his/her one line
response was a "flame" or "insult." Hence it should not have been rejected.

At 5:47 AM +0000 2/7/97, Secret Squirrel wrote:
>Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>> c.musselman at internetmci.com (Charley Musselman) writes:
>> > C'punks --
>> >     When I told a friend about the alt.drugs.pot cultivation newsgroup
>> > and suggested that he use an anonymous remailer to post to the group,
>> > he laughed and said, "Who do you suppose runs the remailers?  ATF,
>> > FBI, DEA, that's who!"  Gee, it makes sense to this paranoid.  Does
>> > anyone know the answer?  Specifically, how can we choose a trusted
>> > remailer?
>>
>> Even if the feds are not directtly involved, the so-called "cypher punk"
>> remailers are run by people who should not be trusted.  Check out their
>> remailer-operators list: it's full of announcements that some specific
>> person posted something via the remailer that the operator didn't like.
>
>Examples, please?

Just say "No" to "Big Brother Inside"