anonymous remailers

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Thu Feb 6 19:41:19 PST 1997

At 09:19 PM 2/6/97 +0000, Charley Musselman wrote:
>C'punks --
>	When I told a friend about the alt.drugs.pot cultivation newsgroup
>and suggested that he use an anonymous remailer to post to the group,
>he laughed and said, "Who do you suppose runs the remailers?  ATF,
>FBI, DEA, that's who!"  Gee, it makes sense to this paranoid.  Does
>anyone know the answer?  Specifically, how can we choose a trusted
>remailer?

There is no such thing as a trusted remailer, unless you know and trust the
remailer operator. That's why one should use remailer chains. If only one
remailer in the chain is run by a non-TLA operator, you are safe.

Just for the record, I know numerous remailer operators. I am convinced
that neither of them works for any TLA in any way. YMMV.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi