"Why am I being completely censored"?

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Thu Feb 6 15:01:41 PST 1997

> 	I'd just appreciate it if someone would explain to me just why
> I'm being completely censored from the cypherpunks list.  ...
> Absolutely none of my recent postings are even going to
> cypherpunks-unedited, I've received no response to my mail to
> gnu at toad.com asking why, and I've received absolutely no bounces
> indicating that there are delivery problems.

I haven't investigated your story because you didn't provide enough
details and because I have been busy with other things.  There is no
infrastructure here for blocking postings from going through
cypherpunks-unedited.  It really is unedited.  Perhaps there is a
mailer problem (at your end or at mine).

If you cc'd yourself on your messages to cypherpunks, please send me a
verbatim copy of such a message that did not appear in
cypherpunks-unedited, including all the header lines.  I can trace
whether it was ever seen on the toad.com end and what happened if it
was.

Hmm.  Your message that I just received, about this problem, was cc'd
to cypherpunks.  It did not make it into the cypherpunks-unedited
list.  In examining the message header itself, there is an "Approved:
yes" line.  My guess is that your attempt to be too tricky has screwed
you.  Majordomo is probably zapping postings that claim to be, but
aren't actually, moderator-approved.  This is just a guess.  Please
try making a posting to cypherpunks without such a line, and see if it
goes through into the unedited list.  Let me know.

	John