Moderation, Tim, Sandy, me, etc * Reputation Capital

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Tue Feb 4 23:43:01 PST 1997

Z.B. wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Name Withheld by Request wrote:
> > John Gilmore said:
> > >Perhaps at that point I should have shut down the list, as Lucky is
> > >now suggesting.  "Asking the list what to do" was clearly not a useful
> > >option.  Sandy cared enough about the community to make some concrete

> > Not a useful option? Why not? If there aren't any ideas left in this
> > community, I'm with Lucky. Pull the plug.

On the below:  Remember in "I, Mudd" where the Captain said to Rodney
the Robot: "I'm lying - everything I say is a lie".  And the robot
collapses because it is not programmed to handle such blatant acts
of sabotage of reality.

Humans OTOH, and particular those who do odd jobs for the CIA (you
know, the ones who make those little "excursions" to Nepal and Burma),
have no problem with this, since their reality doesn't even intersect
with that of typical mailing list readers.

What is Tim May really mad about?  What he says he's mad about?
I don't think so.  The scam ran past him and he fell off of the
truck.  Tsk tsk.