My Departure, Moderation, and "Ownership of the List"

Dave Hayes dave at kachina.jetcafe.org
Tue Feb 4 14:10:28 PST 1997

Steve Boursey writes:
>   Well EFF itself is a lie--the were very well exposed by Wired Mag. a
> while back as being nothing more than a corporate whore.  They represent
> the interests of owners not consumers--the ACLU has been very open
> in their critisism of the EFF in this regard.  A large corporation
> waves some money in front of their noses and tells them to bend
> over you can be sure they'll bend over.

It's not clear from where I sit that the EFF is intrinsically evil.  A
case can be argued for their initial good intentions followed by the
subsequent poisoning of this intent by people with lots of money. Of
course, -any- organization is as susceptable to infiltration as their
weakest member.

> Respectable free speech advocates do not associate with EFF.

If one is going to advocate free speech, I strongly suggest one
learns to deal with one's own greed and one's own need for power
first.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

           You possess only what will not be lost in a shipwreck.