CAST

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Feb 4 13:59:22 PST 1997

I've just had mail from Carlisle Adams in response to my question about the
status of CAST-128:

>CAST-128 is available free for commercial and non-commercial use.  This
>has been stated publicly in a press release from Entrust Technologies
>(see http://www.entrust.com/press.htm for details).  The cipher
>itself is described in complete detail, along with test vectors, etc.,
>at the same web site (see the "Technical Papers" section of
>http://www.entrust.com/library.htm).
>
>Feel free to post this response wherever you think it appropriate.

>Carlisle Adams
>Entrust Technologies
>cadams at entrust.com

The algorithm is well worth looking at (see the URL above) - it's a nice
royalty-free drop-in replacement for IDEA for example.  I've had a version
half-finished for inclusion in cryptlib for a few months now, but something
else always seems to crop up...

Peter.