concerning Ben Franklin

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Mon Feb 3 21:22:37 PST 1997

David Farber allegedly said:

> My favorate Ben Franklin quote is

>  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."       - Ben Franklin, ~1784

In the constitutional convention a property requirement for voting
was discussed.  Franklin said "A man owns an ass; he can vote.  The
ass dies; he cannot vote.  Who owns the vote?"  (I may not have
quoted it precisely.)

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent at songbird.com,kc at llnl.gov		the thief he kindly spoke...