My Departure, Moderation, and "Ownership of the List"

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Mon Feb 3 20:50:22 PST 1997

ichudov at algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home) writes:

> Adam Back wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps it is time to reconsider the benefits of alt.cypherpunks.  (As
> > an aside, it is ironic that John Gilmore was the guy who started the
> > alt.* USENET hierarchy, specifically to facilitate freedom of speech).
> >

> An interesting idea.

John Gilmore of EFF is a liar and a hypocrite who likes to claim credit for
other people's accomplishments.  He had nothing whatsoever to do with the
creation of the alt.* Usenet hierarchy. Gilmore is a liar and a censor.

On the other hand, creating an alt.cypherpunks sounds like a more robust
idea than yet another mailing list.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM