PCS Encryption?

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Mon Feb 3 07:25:44 PST 1997

John Young wrote:
|    http://www.nsa.gov:8080/programs/missi/condor.html

# How secure is CONDOR?
#
#      Current proof-of-concept hardware is FORTEZZA(TM) based
#	(sensitive but unclassified)  Product versions will use STU
# 	for cellular voice and FORTEZZA(TM) Plus for net broadcast
# 	mode and data

	I was under the impression that Fortezza was ok for classified
traffic.  Did I miss the changeover, was it unannounced, or was I
simply misremembering?

Adam

--
Pet peeve of the day: Security companies whose protocols dare not
speak their name, because they don't have one. Guilty company of the