Cyphernomicon by Tim May

blanc blancw at cnw.com
Sat Feb 1 16:11:04 PST 1997

From:	Toto, quoting the Cyphernomicon

3.5.1 Contrary to what people sometimes claim, there is no ruling
       clique of Cypherpunks. Anybody is free to do nearly anything,
       just not free to commit others to course of action, or claim
       to speak for the "Cypherpunks" as a group (and this last
       point is unenforceable except through reputation and social
       repercussions).

Toto, I'm surprised at how seriously you take the underlying anarchist
philosophy of the list; you identify so closely with it, and have responded
to its moderation as though it really would be "the end of freedom", even
though you seem to have appeared, or else come out of lurking, only
recently.   Is this because you value anarchy, or free speech, or the
existence of the Cypherpunks as a unique group of stray cats [ :>) ]?

Side note:
Since Tim isn't on the list and hasn't been for a month, I've been
wondering if it had anything to do with the moderation experiment, although
it is unlike him to have left without either an argument or at least some
kind of statement about it.

    ..
Blanc