[NTSEC] SKIPJACK / NT4.0 (SP3?) (fwd)

David Honig honig at otc.net
Mon Dec 29 10:06:09 PST 1997

At 11:12 AM 12/26/97 -0600, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>In <Pine.SUN.3.96.971226114446.17857A-101000 at beast.brainlink.com>, on
>12/26/97
>   at 11:45 AM, Ray Arachelian <sunder at brainlink.com> said:
>
>>Now this is interesting! :)  (Either that or JA is smoking crack... - no
>>idea on JA's reputation capital though...)
>
>Well to be honest anyone who would trust the M$ crypto API get what they
>deserve.

Is this just random MS-baiting or do you have a real point re the API?

The API describes an interface to things you'd need for a cryptosystem.
I believe it is up to implementors to instantiate the functions appropriately.

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     honig at otc.net                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

"Windows 95 is a technologically complex product that is best left alone by
the government..."
 ---MSFT Atty B. Smith