Kwanzaa hijacked by white businesses... [CNN]

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Fri Dec 26 21:06:02 PST 1997

"William H. Geiger III" <whgiii at invweb.net> writes:
> >>      Bukar is one of about 1,000 African-American business owners who
> >>      have launched a letter-writing campaign, demanding that large
> >>      companies -- including Hallmark Cards and Giant Foods -- stop
> >>      selling Kwanzaa-related items. They are urging African-Americans to
> >>      buy Kwanzaa supplies and goods only from black businesses.
> I wonder what the Ministry of Propaganda, CNN Branch would have to say if
> rather than Magaji Bukar this was David Duke demanding that Blacks stop
> selling Christmas Items proclaiming it a "white" holiday and Verboten for
> Black.

Just as a side remark: why what standard are hallmark and giant foods "white"?
If they're like most big corporations, they probably bend over backwards to
promote blacks via "affirmative action" quotas, and have more blacks in
positions of responsibility than they possible could have if they based their
hiring decisions on merit. Evidently this is not good enough for racists
hatemongers like Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson and Louis Farrakhan.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM