Clinton signs draconian antipiracy law, from the Netly News

Alternative News Network annnapi at cts.com
Mon Dec 22 17:23:14 PST 1997

    "Criminal Intent" used to be one aspect of a crime that was required
to be proved before a conviction could be made.

Today Criminal Intent comes into play only occasionally at sentencing,
otherwise the Judiciary just ignores it.

So don't kid yourself,  the words "Willful  Intent" are just there to
preserve a veneer of reasonableness. They will as a practical manner be
ignored.

Hasn't the governments motive for this new law been discussed yet?

Universal  PC (Probable Cause) to search the computers of dissidents and
political enemies.

    How simple to upload a CD ROM of some $1000.00 piece of "Pirated"
Software and secure a conviction. Roll the CMOS Date back a while, load
the program. Then change the CMOS date to the current correct one. Now
throw in a PGP encrypted Chapter of the Gulag Archipelago (appropriate)
and then claim all related doc's are encrypted (probably terrorist plans
and the accused refuse to divulge the password (they claim not to know
it or where the Software came from.. "ha ha we know better").

Ahh...a "New High Tech Weapon in the Government's fight against  their
"enemies"...the people.

Wm.