Hate speech and censorship

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Sat Dec 20 15:06:29 PST 1997

nobody at REPLAY.COM (Anonymous) writes:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>

> > Panix is extremely censorous. I know of at least 3 cases where they pulled
> > plugs on their users because they didn't like the contents of their speech.
>
> > (Many people here probably remember Fred Cherry - Panix pulled his plug for
> > "homophobia".)
> > chris.com pulled the plug on TRRJC3 (Igor's pal) because of content.
> I wish you could be a little more specific.
> Harrashing email and excessive cross-posting in violation of each UseNet
> group charter is not
> censorship.
> If someone sends a gay an email saying "I will kill you. Look out for the
> next gay pride parade" that's is legitimate ground for action.

Panix pulled Fred Cherry's plug because of his Usenet articles criticizing
homosexuals as child molestors and fascist censors.

I am not aware of Fred Cherry ever sending anyone e-mail resembling the
"quote" fabricated the anonymous homosexual.

No wonder John Gilmore is a cocksucker.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM