Can I do Pubkic Domain that -

David Honig honig at otc.net
Fri Dec 19 10:24:59 PST 1997

At 06:39 PM 12/18/97 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>At 2:54 PM -0700 12/18/97, David Honig wrote:
>
>>I was alluding to the licensing of ordinary photocopiers and fax machines
>>(and computers,
>>and now internet connections) in statist nations, to prevent their "misuse".
>>In the 50's, the government should have
>>(from the control point of view) used the hysteria of the times to regulate
>>*domestic* use of reprogrammable computers.
>
>Nope. The government of the United States had no authority in the 1950s to
>regulate fax machines (which existed then), mimeograph machines (which
>existed then), or computers (which existed then).
>
>Perhaps you were thinking of the Soviet Union?
>
>--Tim May

Soviets, China, etc.  I was being facetious.  I understand that our pesky
constitution
prevents certain government behaviors, but they're working to eliminate
that problem.

cheers

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     honig at otc.net                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

	M-16 : Don Quixote :: PGP : Louis Freeh
         Let freedom ring (or screech at 28.8)