Toto, knock it off!

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Dec 18 10:39:09 PST 1997

At 6:18 AM -0700 12/18/97, Adam Back wrote:
>Toto,
>
>Could you have a word with your nephew Human Gus Peter?  He just sent
>1.1 Mb of encrypted warez to cypherpunks list.  I'm not bothered about
>the warez, but am bothered about the volume.
>
>If he wants to make warez available could you get him to learn how to
>use the eternity service?  Then he could simply post a URL to the
>list.

You're far too kind, Adam.

This fool who sometimes posts as Toto, sometimes as TruthMonger, sometimes
as Human Gus-Peter, sometimes as Admiral Bubba Something, and so on, is
simply set on disrupting the list.

I long ago started deleting his stuff unread, or as soon as I saw it was
from "Colonel Parker" or "A Player to be Named Later," or whatever. The
guy, whomever he is, probably has some real writing skills, but they've
been lost in what I have to presume is a bourbon fog.

His stuff took me far too long to download this morning at 2:30 a.m., and
then more of this shit this morning. All to just have it all deleted.

Please, Toto or Whomever, knock it off.

--Tim May