DSN authentication? (fwd)

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Thu Dec 18 00:10:38 PST 1997

Some of you may remember my post to the list a while back wondering
which, if any, authentication is taking place on commands sent to space
crafts such as the Mars Rover. Well, here is the official answer: "We use
a private network and keep the protocol specs secret, therefore we don't
have to worry about a thing".

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred