UK spooks invent RSA, DH in 1973

Jim Burnes jim.burnes at ssds.com
Wed Dec 17 12:43:23 PST 1997

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Adam Shostack wrote:

> Jim Burnes wrote:
>
> | >      http://jya.com/ellisdoc.htm
> |
> | Can patents be revoked due to prior art arguments?
>
> 	I think its a really bad precedent to revoking patents based
> on the basis of secret documents released after the fact.  If you
> believe in patents, then having your work nullifiable by government
> claims is a bad idea.

I was not advocating that they should be revoked, just curious
as to whether they could be.

But your analysis makes sense.  It would be simple for the
government, within the context of the secrets act, to simply
crank out phony secrets and destroy the financial viability
of companies they don't like.

Interesting....

Jim