Fw: Jim Bell Sentenced (fwd)

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Dec 14 09:24:31 PST 1997

Jim Choate wrote:

>Plea-bargaining = capitulation = self-censorship

Now, Deft-Spinner Jim, you've switched from what we (you)
did or did not do to what Jim did or did not do, which is what
I was indelicately pointing out has been how we (you and me)
self-censoringly plead our case for or against AP and USG,
and thereby capitulate covertly while ineffectively protesting
Jim's (and other terrorist targets') zap by USG-AP.

And rightly so, what fool would want to take Jim's place, and
that's what we're relieved to not be in, now that we've been
shown an example. Chilled speech, it's called, finger-pointing
about some fool going too far, and worse, getting caught.

This time we're so pleased we didn't  lose the lottery, as Shirley
Jackson wrote, that we eagerly stone the winner, split some hairs,
tut-tut, spin our fear and call it wisdom. Too bad that camouflaged
cowardice (shrewdness) cahoots with IRS and Justice.

Keep quiet about yourself, blame somebody else, luck may hold.

That's what I'm doing, blaming wildly, hiding in a crowd of "we's"
and now, thanks much, your equation for going along and getting
ahead.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.