Gary L. Burnore's Paranoid Hatred of Privacy and Anonymity

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Wed Dec 10 07:54:29 PST 1997

gburnore at netcom.com (Gary L. Burnore) wrote:

> :Most control freaks like Gary Burnore and the rest of the DataBasix Gang are
> :hypocritical about privacy.  They want to invade that of others at will while
> :protecting their own.  Gary Burnore and Belinda Bryan
> :were worried that their UNLISTED PHONE NUMBERS might be given out, but anyone
> :who dares criticize their actions with an "unlisted" e-mail address is an
> :"anon asshole".
>
> So you'll post your address and phone number right away, right?

You go first, since you claim you "have nothing to hide".  Why would anyone
with "nothing to hide" choose to "hide behind the skirts of" an unlisted phone
number and street address? (Recognize the rhetoric?  It's yours, not mine.)

> :I'm still wondering what wondrous plans Gary and Belinda had for all
> :those e-mail addresses of the users of the Huge Cajones Remailer if Jeff
> :Burchell had turned them over to DataBasux as they had demanded.  (Not just the
> :senders but the RECIPIENTS as well!)
>

> More lies from the anonymous asshole.

I posted the URL.  What part of it was a "lie"?  Are you now denying that you
demanded that Jeff Burchell turn over the sendmail logs from his Huge
Cajones Remailer to you and Belinda Bryan?

> : Fortunately, Jeff was smarter than your
> :average Burnore and didn't keep such things around to tempt DataBasix,
> :Scientology, etc., so we'll never find out.
>
> Supposidly, they weren't available.  Now you're claiming he had them but kept
> them private. What else will you accuse Jeff of?  Jeff didn't do anything
> wrong yet you constantly berate him.  What do you have to gain by demeaning
> Jeff?

Haha!  Nice try at IKYABWAI.  I guess that's the best you at DataBasix can do
to try to divert attention from your activities and tactics?  You and Belinda
were the anti-privacy control freaks who supposed that Jeff had created and
maintained logs for abusive organizations like DataBasix and the Church of
Scientology to demand.  Jeff knew better all along and didn't keep such info
to tempt people like you.  Had you done your homework rather than blindly
attacking Jeff and his remailer, you'd have known that such data didn't exist
and could have saved yourselves the embarrassment of being caught trying to
demand it.

You still haven't stated your reason for demanding these logs which, had they
existed, would have identified everyone who either sent or received
anonymous messages through the Huge Cajones Remailer.  What wonderful surprises
lay in store for remailer users after their identities had fallen into your
hands?

> Why are you trying to get remailers shut down.

Jeff Burchell NAMED his attackers.  Would you care to point out my name in his
post? (Yours is named rather often.):

  http://calvo.teleco.ulpgc.es/listas/cypherpunks-unedited@toad.com/HTML-1997-11/msg00536.html

Your paranoid conspiracy theories remind me of the kid who blamed the mess in
his bedroom on an invisible herd of stampeding elephants.  ("Well of course
you didn't see them, dad.  They're INVISIBLE.")  In your case, you speculate
that there's a single "anonymous asshole" who's responsible for everything
that you CLAIM has occurred.  The problem is, you haven't proven that 90% of
the stuff you *CLAIM* occurred even happened, let alone was the work of your
imaginary lone "spam-baiting/forging/child-molesting/cyber-stalking/libeling"
(did I miss anything?) so-called "anon asshole".

How about some proof of your wild charges, Gary?  Only one of us even USES
remailers (or at least admits to it).  You, OTOH, have never had a civil word
to say about ANY anonymous poster.  If remailers were shut down, I'd lose my
ability to post.  What would you lose, Gary?  Is being able to identify your
critics and single them out for harassment really that important to you?