Remailer Trivia / Re: Singapore & Freedom (fwd)

Jrbl Pookah lists at castle5.castlec.com
Tue Dec 9 13:03:51 PST 1997

> > Jim Choate writes:
> >
> > >                    To the best of my knowledge no phone company anywhere
> > > will allow a customer to purchase service without identifying themselves to
> > > the phone company. Please let me know if there is such a beast somewhere.

	Hmm.  Excuse the interruption into your conversation here, but
I've signed up (in the past) for long-distance service under an assumed
name, on a telephone line that I held in a different assumed name.  At
least in Cincinnati, OH, the phone company didn't (doesn't?) really care,
as long as they had a place to send the bills.  When they asked for my
SSN, I simply told them I wouldn't give it to them, and offered my
date-of-birth - which I lied about.  They didn't mind.