'Off' the parking pigs! (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Fri Dec 5 08:49:42 PST 1997

Forwarded message:

> Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 14:56:10 -0600
> From: TruthMonger <tm at dev.null>
> Subject: Re: 'Off' the parking pigs!

>   In the jury's humble opinion, the prosecution didn't prove its case.
> This is no problem for the government. They have the deep pockets
> required to prosecute as many times as needed to refine their attempts
> to manipulate the minds of the jurors, or to get lucky and have a few
> members of a split jury vote to convict because they don't want to
> blow their trip to the Stones' concert.

No the police only get one shot. If they try to prosecute the individual on
the same charge *after* a jury has rendered a verdict then that is double
jeopardy.

   |      We built your fort. We will not have it used against us.      |
   |                          John Wayne -  Allegheny Uprising          |
   |                                                 ravage at ssz.com     |