Censorial leftists (Was: Interesting article)

Adam Back aba at dcs.ex.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 18:19:10 PST 1997

[Can we quit using cypherpunks at toad.com please ... it is no longer the
active list address.  (Substituted cyberpass.net).]

James Love <love at cptech.org> writes:
> > a leftist can best be defined as a big government fetishist. :)
>
>    A "big government fetishist" is cute, but it seems fairly
> non-specific.  Are moral majority types leftists?  Are the supporters of
> the Department of Commerce leftists?  Are supporters of a bloated
> defense department leftists?  Can't get enough of that CIA funding
> leftists?  IMF supporters are leftists?  FED lovers are leftists?
> Groups that lobby for higher crop supports are leftists?  S&L bail out
> supporters are leftists?  Supporters of GATT are leftists?  Are
> supporters of more NIH funding leftists?  (how about the PhRMA support
> for this?)  Supporters of aggressive new government programs to define
> (and enforce) new Intellectual Property rights are leftists?
>
>     I think the term "leftists" must mean something more than "a big
> government fetishist."  Frankly, I know of few persons who are
> consistently advocates of big government, but I know lots of groups,
> many certainly not leftists, who have their favorite government
> programs.

You have a sucking big cancerous growth which is the government, it
provides legalised theft services, and the politicians acts as power
brokers in bartering back the stolen money to special interest groups.
The huge burgeoning unproductive work force which ineptly administers
this monster is a large burden on the economy.

Those persons you describe who inconsistently advocate big government
is natural enough -- they are sucked into the game, they are lobbying
in their special interest groups for some of the stolen loot to be
handed to them.

A leftist is someone who buys heavily into the legalised theft
concept.  Charity taken at the point of a gun is not charity, it is
theft.  And the stolen funds are used incredibly inefficiently, mostly
having the opposite effect to the claimed problem being solved, for
game theoretic reasons.

Adam
--
Now officially an EAR violation...