Bad Cop, Worse Cop / Bum and Bummer / Re: CDT and the Threat of Gov't Intervention

TruthMonger tm at dev.null
Wed Dec 3 13:13:05 PST 1997

David Honig wrote:
> At 12:46 AM 12/3/97 -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> >Besides demonstrating that cyberporn is a topic that will never
> >disappear, the Kids and the Net summit has highlighted the tensions
> >between the different types of Net-advocacy groups here in Washington.

> I'm sure the Feds are happy that their Good Cop (Clinton) / Bad Cop (Freeh)
> routine is having the divisive effect they planned, and making sacrifices
> seem acceptable.

  Yes, but Freeh is now positioning himself to be best pals with the
incoming Republican President.
  Would _you_ vote for a politician whom the FBI Director has implied
is part of a criminal tag-team that deserves investigation by a
special prosecutor? A politician whose previous running mate was
embroiled in WhiteWATER and FosterGATE at a time when hard evidence
that a former president was GUILTY in WATER-GATE is coming to the
fore?

"Vote for the manipulated public image of your choice, but vote."

  Our 'democracy' is run by Information Management Engineers.

Or so I would have you believe...
TruthMonger