More microsoft monopoly::Re: NT 4.0 Option Pack released (fwd)

Ray Arachelian sunder at brainlink.com
Wed Dec 3 08:02:35 PST 1997

Microsoft has now broken up the Service Packs into Bug Fix and Option Pack
(new feechures) packages.

However the catch is this: they require you to have Internet Exploiter
4.01 installed *BEFORE* you can install the Option Pack (whose features
have little to do with Internet Exploiter, though they are part of the
IIS web server.  For example RAIDUS Remote Access Authentication has
nothing to do with Exploiter.)

IMHO: This is a cheap shot at making their browser more "incorporated"
with the OS, that way they can get around the Justice Dept.  :(  Lame.
Another message claims VC++ requires IE as well -- can anyone confirm
this?

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    |Prying open my 3rd eye.  So good to see |./|\.
..\|/..|sunder at sundernet.com|you once again. I thought you were      |/\|/\
<--*-->| ------------------ |hiding, and you thought that I had run  |\/|\/
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  |away chasing the tail of dogma. I opened|.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"|my eye and there we were....            |.....