'Off' the parking pigs!

TruthMonger tm at dev.null
Tue Dec 2 14:58:32 PST 1997

David Honig wrote:
> relevant to anon remailers & society thread...

> SANTA ANA, Calif., Dec. 2 (UPI) _ Saying the case has national importance,
> federal prosecutors will
> retry a 20-year-old man accused of sending threatening electronic mail to
> Asian students at UC Irvine.

> Stotler denied bail for Machado, noting that he fled to Mexico when he was
> first charged.

  Are we supposed to feel 'safer' in public, knowing that we may be
surrounded by people to whom it may be worthwhile to kill a few cops
and innocent bystanders in order to avoid punishment for sending
nasty email, or having an unpaid parking ticket?
  When standing near someone who begins to jaywalk, should we hit the
deck, in case this is their third offense and will kill to avoid life
in prison? If the guy in the next parking spot doesn't plug the meter,
are we in danger of taking a stray bullet from a Swat team?

  Perhaps I am being a bit facetious, or perhaps I am a prophet, able
to see six months into the future...

  God help you if your 'crime' will provide some self-important member
of the legal system with national press.
  Double-'God help you', if you win your case.

TruthMonger
"Advocating the death penalty for syntax errors, since 1984."